Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2 Things I Can't Live Without Next Year



I don’t know about you, but I can always use more classroom management tools!  This was my first year back teaching after 2 years off.  In some ways, I felt like I was starting over, and in some ways, I felt like a veteran teacher!  Anyways, after the year was over, I knew there were a couple of things that I could not live without (that I didn’t have this year).  One of them was a hand signal chart!  I already have my kids use these, but never had it displayed this year.  When I am doing guided reading or guided math, or even in the middle of a lesson, I want my students to be able to communicate with me non-verbally so that they do not interrupt.  This is a perfect solution!  When I am working with other kids, all the students have to do is show me the hand signal, and when I look up and see them, I will nod “yes” or give them a “just a second” finger signal!  This has worked wonders for me.  
 


All you need to do is print, cut, and laminate for durability.  I suggest using ribbon (7/8” or 1” grosgrain) to anchor all the pieces.  You can also attach them to the board with magnets! Click on the product below and check out my preview for an up-close look!  The best thing about them is that they are EDITABLE!!!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EDITABLE-Hand-Signal-Signs-Classroom-Management-Rainbow-Chevron-1928041

I also had a few kids this year that kept asking, “What do I do now?I’m done!”  Most of the time, I have a numbered list up on the board of what they will work on after they finished their test or assignment.  However, when I don’t or the kids have finished that, I needed more choices that I could display.  So, I came up with this “When I Am Done Sign”.  
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EDITABLE-When-I-am-Done-Sign-Early-Finishers-Classroom-Management-Chevron-1932285

This sign will be a fabulous way to redirect students who finish early. Just print, cut, and laminate for durability.  You can display these on your wall as well by attaching it to grosgrain ribbon.  You can even use a clip to display the options that the students have that day.  There are 54 different cards included, and this is EDITABLE too!!  So, personalize them to fit your classroom!  I am also willing to add any that you need, and I will update the file on TPT once I do so.


I will be displaying both of these in my classroom for SURE this year!  Hope you find them helpful as well!

PS...I am also working on finishing up my matching alphabet posters (among other things)!  So, be on the lookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment