Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring Time Activities

Can you believe it is already the end of the school year?  I can’t!  It seemed like yesterday that I was setting up my classroom and welcoming my second grade sweeties!  I am actually sad to end this school year.  I have had such a fabulous class.  I am going to hate to see them go.  Our school is rezoning, so many of our kiddos are going to a new school next year.  I always love when my former students come back to give me hugs in the morning.  I am going to miss that from them. 

Not only is this year already going fast, but it is going to go by even quicker since we were off school this whole week unexpectedly.  Katy received a HUGE torrential downpour this past week and our city was flooded.  We were very blessed and did not receive any damage or flooding to our home, but there were many that did.  During our week off, we were stuck inside as it continued to rain.  Needless to say, I was very productive!  I got a lot done around the house and some online projects done too!

Flooding in Old Katy (Photo credit - The Katy Times)

I wanted to share a few of my favorites



My A to Z Countdown to Summer was inspired by another teacher on my team.  She said that she used to do something like it at her old school.  I got to searching online for something, but could not find what I needed.  So, like I always do, I created something to fit my classroom!  The kids LOVE it!  It is a great way to wrap up the year, and a fun way to count down the days until summer break!


Since many of my kids are different religions, we don't really do Easter stuff.  So, I decided to create some spring activities.  My kids LOVE to use QR Codes.  They love to use iPads anytime really!  I made these "Spring Into..." activities as a review game.  You can use this as a "Scoot" activity or just as task cards.  I use mine during math station time, so I need it fairly quiet.  I just print them out and laminate them.  If you run out of time to cut them out or don't want to chance losing any of the cards, just print them out and put into a clear page protector!  They come in color and blacklines.  They also come in a variety of styles (they are even available without the QR Codes!).  I teach second grade, so these are problems up to 1,200.  


   


Here is also something that will be fun to do at spring parties or for something fun to do when the kids are getting a little antsy!  Use plastic chips or even candy as bingo pieces.  There are two versions. One of them is a full color page (or half page) that is ready to go. The other is a DIY set where the kids color in the icons and paste them anywhere on their bingo grid!  Both are awesome, and my kids really enjoyed it.  They ask me all the time when we will play bingo again!


These spring projects were so fun to create!  Especially since I had amazing clip art from one of my favorites, Kate Hadfield!  I have had so many compliments on my bingo cards when I use her clip art!  Be sure to stop by her store and check out her fabulous art work.  I have really loved looking at how she creates her items...so interesting!  If you are ever looking for great artwork, you can shop her online store above or her TPT store!



Another thing I worked on during our impromptu week off was my new United States Symbols Packet.  This was so fun to put together!  I actually made it after I taught this objective in school.  I needed something that was more engaging and fun for the kids.  I can’t wait to use it next year!



And finally, the one that I am so excited about. digital papers!  FINALLY!!   My husband has been working on these on and off for about a year (yes, I said a year!).   We are a great team.  I think up the stuff, he creates it, and I put it together to offer to my customers.  So fun!  I love that I can start using these in my products now.  I won’t even tell you how much I have spent in digital papers over the last few years.  It’s crazy!  If anything, making these should save me some money!  LOL!

I hope you enjoy these products as much as I do.  As always, please let me know if you have suggestions or special product requests.  Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment